Make a Donation
For the recovering women of Stepping Stone,
help begins with you.
Stepping Stone is 60% funded by caring individual and organizations dedicated to helping save and rebuild women’s lives. Although residents contribute to the costs of running Stepping Stone, we cannot do it without your help.
- $2,500 pays for room and board for one month for one resident.
- $440 provides food for all of our residents for one week.
- $250 pays for a month of Relapse Prevention classes.
- $100 pays for two group therapy sessions.
Please take a moment to make a donation today and help women in early sobriety transition back into our community. Gifts at every level make a difference and are 100% tax-deductible. Stepping Stone is a 501(3)(c) tax-exempt corporation. Federal Tax #94-1552000.
Become a Cornerstone Member
Make an ongoing monthly donation to Stepping Stone. Your Cornerstone Membership continues uninterrupted for as long as you wish, reducing costs while eliminating paper and waste.
Restore Our Home
Our Queen Anne Victorian is over 100 years old. We are in the process of a major renovation to restore areas that have been long neglected. The result will be a warm, welcoming and safe home.
Please help us pay for these improvements, including:
- Replace the roof and repair dry rot. Estimated cost: $57,000.
- Repair exterior of house and repaint. Estimated cost: $45,000.
- Repair interior walls and paint. Estimated cost: $37,000.
- Recarpet bedrooms. Estimated cost: $15,000.
Double the impact of your donation with a matching gift. Contact your human resources department and request a matching gift form. Send the completed and signed form with your donation. We will do the rest!
If your employer conducts its own workplace giving fund drive, you can direct your contributions to Stepping Stone. Please check with your human resource department to make sure that Stepping Stone is included in your company’s campaign. If not, you can request an application for Stepping Stone or call us at 415-751-5921 so that we can apply to be included in your campaign.
Stepping Stone women often arrive with minimal clothing and accessories. Your in-kind donations are gratefully accepted. To follow are some ideas, directly from the residents!
- Warm sweaters, umbrellas, coats and gloves.
- Business suits or clothes for interviews.
- Casual clothing.
- Gift cards from Walgreens for their personal items.
- Gift cards to the movies.
- Monthly bus passes.